Picture your perfect morning, and it might look something like this: rays of sunshine peeking through your bedroom window, a brewing pot of hot coffee, and a tray of fresh blueberry muffins to enjoy at whim. Though you can pick up an inexpensive instant mix packet at any grocer, blueberry muffins are one treat that’s always better when prepared with real blueberries. Try this version of the classic Blueberry Muffins recipe and enjoy the unmistakably delicious taste of just-out-of-the-oven muffins.
• 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh preferred
• 1/4 cup sugar, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease or line a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
3. Beat in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Then, add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
4. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Add the mashed and whole berries to the batter, stirring just to combine and distribute.
5. Scoop the batter by the heaping 1/4-cupful into the prepared muffin pan; a muffin scoop works well here. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon granulated sugar atop each muffin, if desired. It's traditional — go for it!
6. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, until they're light golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
7. Remove the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, and after about 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool.
Cook up something delicious with this special recipe provided to you by Windward Place Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!