This homemade Applebee’s Copycat Tomato Basil Soup tastes even better than the restaurant version, in our opinion! Plus, it makes for the perfect comfort food during the cold winter months. Full of fresh basil, garlic, and parmesan, it will certainly warm your insides and nourish your body all at the same time. Once you’ve put together the tomato puree, it’s all a breeze from there! Check out the ingredients you’ll need, as well as the directions below!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
• 2 (28 ounces) cans crushed tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
• 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Fresh Basil
• Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for one more minute while stirring constantly.
2. Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
3. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and puree.
4. Stir in heavy cream and herbs. Bring soup back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with croutons, basil, and grated parmesan cheese.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Windward Place Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!