Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge — to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from Windward Place Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!
So, if you’re not sure what to serve for dinner tonight, we have the perfect vegetarian recipe that’s healthy, fulfilling, and chock-full of ingredients that hold all sorts of key benefits to your physical well-being. These Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are tasty, inexpensive, and easy to make. All you need are some potatoes, beans, and spices to get yourself started. Check out the ingredients and directions below.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Avocado and cilantro, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begins to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream on top of the 4 sweet potatoes. Enjoy!