Do you struggle to remember to eat breakfast? Though many of us realize that breakfast is integral to a healthy diet, too many Americans neglect what many doctors still call” the most important meal of the day.” However, there is a way to make eating breakfast fast, delicious, and convenient. The secret lies in making freezer-friendly breakfast sandwiches ahead of time! Try this recipe for Easy Breakfast Sandwiches below and transform your morning routine to include your new, favorite meal.
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon, sausage patties, ham, or Canadian bacon
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 9x13’’ pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove cooked eggs from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
- Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, meat, and the other half of the muffin. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- To freeze the sandwiches, wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat frozen sandwiches, remove paper or foil and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute on defrost. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
Windward Place Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia